Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Let’s go!

Off to Cuba


The afternoon flight from home (Sacramento) to Boston was relatively uneventful. We had a short stopover in Denver and then a bumpy ride all the way to Boston. I arrived close to 1 AM and by the time I Ubered it to my hotel in Seaport Village, and turned out the light to sleep, it was pushing on 2:30. I had a 20% coupon for Lyft but no one was interested in picking me up that late at night, I suppose. Uber drivers, however, were happy to oblige. 


I slept deeply until almost 8:30. I woke feeling decent and after I made a cup of coffee, sipping it as I walked to the window, I looked out and I was staring right at the ship! Granted, it was a mile or so away, but there she sat. What a nice surprise. Had I known last night that my window faced that way, I might have set my alarm so I could have gotten up to watch her sail in. Ah well. Another time, perhaps. 


Fast forward a couple of hours and I had checked in and was on the ship. Checkin was fast and efficient. I was a little bit excited and a little bit apprehensive about my cabin this time. I had one of the newer lanai cabins. These are cabins on the walk around deck called the promenade and have sliding glass doors that open right onto the promenade deck. Kind of like having your own balcony but a public one. Each lanai cabin has two reclining lounge chairs assigned to it and they are marked "reserved" right next to your door, so no one is allowed to use them except you. 


The upside is the easy accessibility to the outside walking deck. The downside is that you've got to keep your drapes closed at night, because while you can't see in during the day, at nighttime if your lights are on in your cabin then anyone walking by can see right in. I thought I wouldn't like that so much because I like having my drapes open at night. It shouldn't matter since it's dark out, but it matters a lot in the morning since I enjoy waking up naturally, as the rising sun is my alarm. 


It's been a couple of days now, and I've decided I really like the cabin!  I found that once I'm ready to go to sleep and turn my lights out, I can open the drapes at that point and no one can see in AND I get to wake up with the sunlight shining in. Yay!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers