Sunday, August 7, 2016

Icy Strait

Good Saturday morning to you! We are docked in Icy Strait Point and it's not yet 7:00 AM. 

I got up at 5:00 - just woke up naturally as it was already light outside - donned my walking clothes and headed downstairs for my morning 2 miler. I walked for about 45 minutes this morning so I'm betting it turned into a 3 mile jaunt. Good thing, because when I toddled upstairs to the Lido afterwards for a cup of coffee ( the Explorations Cafe does not open until 7:00 AM - the horror!!!!) I stumbled across my favorite curly buns in the world - the ensaymadas.  All I can say about that is YUM!! I had asked for them a few days ago but was told that they rotate them. What??!  I guess I got spoiled on both the Zaandam and the Westerdam earlier this year when they were available every day. Sigh. First world problems.......

Anyway, today I have planned a whale watching tour. It's a private tour with Glacier Wind Tours. There will be only 5 passengers. Should have been 6, but with Adrienne breaking her leg and all, we're only 5. Unless the company found another customer. Either way it promises to be a beautiful day and I've already seen some Orcas on our way in this morning. 

We're only here until 2:00 PM. I will do my best to post again before we depart as tomorrow is a day at sea. We will arrive in Anchorage Monday morning. 

I'll sign off for now as my "buns" are waiting !!!   































Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers