Monday, May 28, 2018

Bar Harbor

Arriving bright and early to Bar Harbor, Maine, a tender port, we had a nice leisurely breakfast in the dining room and then grabbed a tender to town. It's a short five minute ride.

Still early, and a Memorial weekend Sunday, very few people were out, but the shops were open and the restaurants opened soon thereafter. Most hotels and inns were full, but everyone must have been sleeping in, as the streets were generally quiet and the stores were nearly empty of customers.

We wanted to see the three main churches as well as the town square park, today. It was a beautiful day to go out to Acadia National Park, but I'd been before and Adrienne preferred to see the town since it was her first visit.

I stopped in at the ranger office at the town park and was able to get a stamp for my National Parks passport book. I also was able to get one when we were in Salem last week.

We walked and shopped some and then stopped at the Thirsty Whale for lunch. Maine is known for their lobster, so of course a lobster roll and chowder was just the ticket for me. A cold local draft beer rounded out the meal. Adrienne chose to have iced tea and then eat lunch back on the ship.

I took a few photos so there will be a couple of posts of them, as I'm still experiencing problems posting photos. I can't seem to post more than three or four at a time. It's totally pissing me off, especially since I emailed the provider two weeks ago and they are still "working on it".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers