Sunday, January 21, 2018

Our day in and around Hpa An

We slept well last night and we're up and ready to face the day by 8:00 when JoJo came to pick us up.

It was another day spent riding down bumpy and dusty roads to visit out of the way pagodas, caves and villages.

There are very few of us foreigners about and so we get stared at a lot and many of the locals come up to us and ask for pictures with them. We're quite obliging.

We visited a few caves today, filled with thousands (yes, I mean thousands) of Buddha images. And a few bats for good measure.

We ran into kids and they were so funny. They stare at us and then giggle. I think they find us quite amusing. JoJo gave them Vicks candy cough drops.

We had lunch ( noodles and beer again) at a restaurant in town and we made friends with a poor little stray dog. We fed him some noodles and chicken which he really enjoyed. I'm telling you he was skin and bones. But a sweet little guy. I made fast friends with him when I pet him and had a little tug of war with him. Gosh I wanted to squirrel him away. But we decided that whatever his life, today he had a good day. ❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers