Sunday, January 6, 2019

Two Sea Days To Settle In

If you follow me, you know how much I love sea days. Our journey this trip has a decent number, starting right out of the gate with two days, on our way to our first port of Santa Marta, Colombia. It’s a new port for me - last time I visited Colombia was a few years ago, in Cartagena. That makes two Cartagena for me so far. One in Colombia and one in Spain. I’ve posted our entire itinerary below. It’s going to be a great voyage!

Yesterday we had our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet - we had over 60 in attendance, a great turnout. I had volunteered to host it and I had requested some ship officers to attend but the events coordinator told me not to get my hopes up. So I was very happy when our cruise director, Linda Minnikin showed up and spoke, and our hotel director Rene also made an appearance. Both spoke for a few minutes and everyone seemed pleased at the special attention we received as a group. I saw Rene later in the evening and thanked him again for taking the time to show up and speak with us.

Today we had a cabin crawl. I’d say there were about 20 people that came through to visit about 10 cabins. We had a porthole, an outside, one with a shower only, an aft with a deep balcony (mine), a corner balcony,  solo cabin,  large inside, a side balcony, a junior suite and 2 Neptune suites (the really nice and big ones).  It was a lot of fun.

After that, there was a cocktail party hosted by our travel agency. It was great to meet up with old friends and our hosts were wonderful. Never mind that the invitations didn’t arrive until 90 minutes prior to the party.......

Then, lunch.  Then trivia at 1:00 PM. Then a ring toss game, followed by. Wine tasting. It’s nearly 3:30 PM and I’ve finally got some quiet time. I’m sitting on my balcony enjoying the warm breeze and the Caribbean Sea.





2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to be traveling along with you as you begin your voyage! (Knowing you were having issues posting, I was worried you had given up on the blog!)

    We will be about a week behind you on the Zaandam once you reach Santiago. It will be interesting to compare what you did on the ports we have in common!

    Any tips or advice on packing for such extreme weather conditions?

    Best wishes for sunny skies & smooth seas!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary. I replied to you via email - hope you received it. You are hardy midwesterners so shorts and T-shirts will suffice in Antarctica - hahahaha. Seriously though, a good warm hat that covers the ears and mittens or gloves and a warm jacket should suffice just fine for the colder climate we will find in Antarctica and the Patagonia areas.

    ReplyDelete

Followers