Friday, August 3, 2018

Tracy Arm Fjord and Sawyer Glacier

The nice thing about waking up very early and doing my daily walk, is that I get to witness the literal dawn of a new day.  Because of this I got to witness some really pretty sunrises.






Today we were cruising the Tracy Arm Fjord, with the good hope of being able to see the Sawyer Glaciers at the end.  As luck would have it, fog cleared in the late morning and we were treated with blue skies, white puffy clouds and gorgeous views of the fjord and the glacier.




Look at that still water, contrasted against the land and the sky.


Sawyer Glacier


Selfie time.......








I have a thing for icebergs.  They absolutely fascinate me.


Seeing the little ship next to both ice bergs and the glacier makes you realize the majestic-ness of it all.























Looks like a honeycomb


Waterfalls abound in the fjord, tumbling down granite walls.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Tracy here from Cruise Critic! (Elbodans on there). MAN, you are UP TO DATE on posting! I will be reading through these as I have time. It will be a fun way to re-live our trip!

    Sad I didn't get to meet you on board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry we didn’t get to meet either! Your blog was such fun to read and you are the packing queen! I bow down to you!!

      Delete

Followers