Thursday, July 25, 2019

Islands In The Stream - That Is What We Are

 Travel Quote:  "Surely, of all the wonders of the world, the   horizon is the greatest." -- Freya Stark


Our last full week of the cruise, we visited Barbados, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Curacao, and Aruba.  All are lovely islands, but now, months after visiting them, they seem to blend together into one.  The landscape of Curacao and Aruba, in particular, are very similar, and not anything like I expected.  They are almost desert-like.  Barbados has pretty beaches, as does Aruba.  Curacao has a lot of character and color.  

Anyway, I thought I'd combine them into one last post for this cruise.  And this is my way of saying thanks for reading along with me, I had a fabulous time - the 80 days flew by and I made all sorts of new friends, learned new things (like how to knit!!) and had my eyes opened again with the amazing place our world is.  

Next up (although I've already gone and come back) is a land trip to South Africa and a 3 week cruise to Alaska.  And for late summer - a trip called The Voyage of the Vikings.  

Stay tuned for more Pig Tales!!!


The four amigas!  Me, Patty, Pat, and Kathi. 


 This little island - Port Elizabeth, St. Vincent and the Grenadines,   was the most delightful place.  I don't think a single person on our ship had a negative thing to say about this place.  Idyllic.  Gorgeous harbor, beautiful beaches, friendly people.













   This is someone's private residence. On the waterfront.  Lovely!



  And the local cocktails are delicious!
   As well as the curried burritos.  Yum.


   This is Ann and me.
   Curacao!!

   Snort even made a new friend with our tour guide's buddy.


   See?  Desert-like.....















   Yes, I was a little obsessed with this blow hole.



   You can swim with turtles!












   We ate lunch at this interesting little place.

























Aruba!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers