Thursday, March 22, 2018

To Hong Kong

After leaving Manila we had a day (or was it two?) at sea before striving my at my final port - Hong Kong. Sadly, after 35 wonderful days my cruise was coming to an end. Pooh.

I had a busy day scheduled. Besides early breakfast and then some serious time working the crossword puzzle with Jack and then coffee with Patrick to talk about Catholicism. At 9:30 I was invited on a tour of the laundry and kitchens as a little perk offered through my TA. It was fun to see some of the "underbelly" of the ship. We also stopped briefly to see the ship's flower arrangers, Eddie and Calista ( I think that's her name). They do absolutely fabulous designs and arrangements.

Early in the morning on my way to breakfast I passed by the pool and was amazed at the amount of water sloshing around. Truth be told, we'd had quite a rocky night on the sea! It wasn't expected, otherwise the captain might have ordered the pool drained. As it was, there was a LOT of water running over the Lido decks.

My afternoon was similarly as busy and then since it was a gala night I got dressed up and met up with Jack, Vinny and Carol up in the Crow's Nest for happy hour before dinner.

Next up - Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers