Monday, January 4, 2016

Countdown to South America and Antarctica - January 31st 2016

It's a new year and that means 12 months of opportunities to travel and cruise again!

I've got 3 cruises booked for 2016 and a 2017 World Cruise is now on the horizon for me.

My first trip is to South America/Antarctica.  The cruise departs from Valparaiso, Chile ( I fly to Santiago 2 days before) and ends in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  After that, I will fly to Sao Paulo, Brazil to spend a week with my extended family, before flying home on February 27th.

I'll be home for a month, then leave again April 1 for a 35 day cruise from San Diego to Seattle, via Hawaii, Tahiti and the Marquesas.  Our roll call has dubbed it the Pearls of the Pacific cruise!

On August 1, I will fly to Seattle for a 14-day round trip visiting Alaska.  I've been to Alaska several times, but this cruise will be my first 2-weeker there; and I will be visiting some places I've not yet seen - Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Tracy Arm, etc.  I'm really looking forward to it.  Other cruisers have said it's a fantastic itinerary.

I'm also following several World Cruise bloggers this year, in order to gain some first-hand knowledge and wisdom to assist me in preparing for my first world cruise.  111 days on Holland America's Amsterdam (my favorite ship) that leaves next January 4th, 2017.

Come along with me on my 2016 (and beyond) adventures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers