Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June Gloom

Well, my cousin emailed me and suggested I might not want to disclose such personal info about my neighbors, so, I took his comments under advisement, and have decided to remove the info etc. The likelihood of my weirdo psycho neighbors coming across my blog are pretty much slim to none, but just in case, I've removed it.

Thanks, cuzz.....

The week at work is not shaping up to be much better than last week. For me, things are a bit slow, but given the fact that I've been crazy busy through most of the past year, I don't feel too bad for the slow tempo at the moment. I've done some housekeeping kinds of things to neaten up my files and records, that sort of thing. But, I'm still daydreaming a lot. Thinking of better things to be doing with my ever-decreasing life span.

I'm considering, post-work, and definitely post-pets, to join the Peace Corps for a year or two and go do something really meaningful. Although I've helped to create and raise a most awesome child, there is more to my life, in terms of contributing to the greater good, than that. I want to make a difference!!! I want to change something for someone or somebodies, in a positive way. I guess I have my work cut out for me.

I'm also considering trying to do my world cruise before I retire, rather than after. It's only 4 months, and most of them begin in January, so I'm thinking a short leave of absence might work. It's a slower time of the year for our business, and I could pretend it was maternity leave!!! Ha!! I could go away to "grow a travel baby." Wow, that sounded dumb. Well. Whatever. It's an idea that is germinating....

Molly continues to do well at doggy day care. But she is slowing down a lot, and she is, increasingly, having trouble walking, standing, that sort of thing. I have been taking her to a specialized vet who does acupuncture, so far, we've had 3 sessions. I don't think Molly is showing any signs of improvement, but I'm going to see it through for 1 or 2 more sessions and then will probably stop that. I want to try as much as I can to see what can make Molly feel better. I don't want any "what ifs." I don't want any "coulda, shouldas".

Summer, my cat, seems to be sinking a bit too. She's losing more weight, albeit slowly, and she seems to be more talkative - in the middle of the night - meowing as though the world is coming to an end. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Not much to do but carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers